Steps towards managing your negative emotions in a more constructive and positive way.
At times, life can present you with situations, events and problems which can be extremely challenging. For example, loss of a loved one, redundancy, divorce, disability, aging, discrimination, racism, gender identity issues, low motivation and lack of fulfillment etc. These challenging moments can cause you to experience a negative emotion such as sadness, grief, anxiety, anger, overwhelm, rejection and inadequacy. Below you will find a guide which can empower you to manage your negative emotions in a more posative way.
- Get Aware! - A situation, event or problem presents itself to you and you have a negative emotional reaction to it. This reaction isn’t bad; your emotions are perfectly natural and valid.
- Get curious! - Get curious about what message your negative reaction is presenting you with. For instance, if you’re feeling negative emotions on a regular basis then get curious about what this means? How can you explore this further? What options are available to you?
- Get Energized! - You have explored the message and you're now able to get excited about new possibilities and positive changes.
- Take Action! - You can now use your energy to set yourself achievable goals, make plans and progress forward.
- Feel Satisfied! - If you’ve highlighted your goal and achieved it then that’s great. If you should fall short then that’s still good because life is about growing and learning from every experience you have.
Here’s the exciting news….. By finding yourself a counsellor you’ve already started the first step! Congratulations!
Contact Improve Your Life Counselling today and decide if the counselling on offer is right for you.