FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here are some frequently asked questions that people have when considering a consultation with me for the first time:
- How do I know if I really need to book a consultation?
- Will I be judged?
- How can regular consultations help me?
- What if you tell me that there is no hope or I can't be helped?
- What can I expect from my initial consultation?
- If I am interested in further sessions after the first consultation, then how and where will these take place?
- How confidential will my session be?
- How much will I need to pay for each session?
- How do I get started?
How do I know if I really need to book a consultation?
Below I have listed the common symptoms that my clients have talked to me about. If you find that you experience one or more of these on a regular basis then you may benefit from having a consultation:
- Keeping things to yourself and bottling them up to the point where you can’t sleep at night
- Sleeping too much and still struggling to get out of bed
- Constantly fighting with your partner
- Angry, irritable and aggressive for most of the time
- Noticeable changes in mood, energy levels, concentration and appetite
- Sadness or hopelessness
- Thoughts and behaviours that interfere with work, social life or family
Awareness of the cause of your symptoms is the first step towards discovering and achieving your goals.
Will I be judged?
No. I can offer you a safe space which is free from judgements and where you are encouraged to be yourself. My attitude towards working with you emphasises acceptance, empathy, authenticity and compassion.
How can regular consultations help me?
My clients have found that weekly sessions with me have helped in numerous ways.
- They’ve had a space to unburden their problems and get things off their chests
- They’ve developed more acceptance and compassion for themselves which increases their sense of calm and security
- They’ve found new solutions, insights, realisations and outlooks
- They’ve experimented with different tools, strategies and techniques until they have found one that works for them
- They’ve re-connected with who they really are and discovered the inner resources to overcome their challenges
- They’ve discovered creative solutions for their problems
What if you tell me that there is no hope or I can't be helped?
I understand that at times things can feel pretty bleak and low, where it seems like nothing is going your way. However, I believe that there is always hope. I also think that if you decide I’m not the right person for you, then there is someone that can offer you the help that you are looking for.
What can I expect from my initial consultation?
- An open and warm invitation to talk about what has brought you to the consultation
- A discreet and respectful exploration of your background through asking a few questions
- Hopefully, a few helpful ideas on how to move forward
- An exploration of your expectations and those of your counsellors
- An opportunity for you to ask any questions about what is involved
If I am interested in further sessions after the first consultation, then how and where will these take place?
- You will meet with me on a weekly basis for 50 minutes per session
- You will have the option to select either short-term (3-25 weeks) or longer-term work (25+ weeks)
- Holiday’s will be taken into consideration when arranging sessions and you will have an opportunity to ask about these
- You also have the option of choosing face-to-face or telephone counselling
How confidential will my session be?
Your sessions will be confidential between you and your counsellor. There are very specific circumstances where this may be reviewed. Please don’t be concerned, these situations are very rare and will be explained to you during the first session.
How much will I need to pay for each session?
- Sessions are between £40-£50
- The first session will be offered at a 50% discount to establish if the counselling on offer is the right fit for you
How do I get started?
Please click the Contact Me link at the top of the page and either call or email me to find out more information.